From Direct2Dell, the company's official corporate blog:
Introducing More Choice: Dell Introduces Venue 8 Pro and Venue 10 Pro Tablets
Dell’s focus on continued innovation in this space is enhanced with two new professional-grade tablets we will be making available in mid-November: the Venue 8 Pro 5000 Series and the Venue 10 Pro 5000 Series - both designed to further expand the capabilities offered for organizations in the healthcare, retail/hospitality, education and manufacturing spaces. Each deliver:
- Best-in-class security with the Dell Data Protection suite that encompasses comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication and leading-edge malware prevention.
- Speed, reliability and fanless design, built on Intel® AtomTM Quad Core processors.
- Advanced manageability through automated and streamlined system deployment, monitoring and updating, Dell Configuration Services and product lifecycle planning.
- Outstanding reliability with MIL-STD testing for real-life conditions, backed by the industry’s leading support and coverage with Dell ProSupport Plus.
- Unmatched Dell expertise as the Microsoft Partner of the Year, ranking No.1 in Windows deployment; built on the foundation of Windows 10.
Active pen featuring Wacom technology for a true writing experience with accuracy and natural feel.
- 2x2 Wi-Fi, LTE and optional NFC so workers can stay connected.
- Accessories and imaging for specialized verticals.
Venue 8 Pro 5000 Series Tablet
With a thin and light hand-held design, weighing in at under one pound, the Venue 8 Pro was created for companies that require specialized applications and on-the-go productivity. Some key Venue 8 Pro features include:
- Handheld design for use on-the-go
- 8-inch HD (1280x800) & FHD (1920x1200) touch display
- Optional NFC support for additional security
- USB Type C docking (coming in 2016) so users only need one cable for power, data, video and a desktop experience
- 2x2 AC WLAN and optional WWAN
- Starting at $299 in North America
Venue 10 Pro 5000 Series Tablet
With an innovative 2-in-1 keyboard, the thin and light Venue 10 Pro is ideal for workers who need a balance between mobility and intensive productivity. The Venue 10 Pro offers:
- 2-in-1 keyboard that delivers an exceptional Continuum experience for a seamless transition between tablet and desktop modes
- 10.1-inch FHD (1920x1200) touch display
- High quality dual speakers and microphones for easy and reliable interaction with the Cortana personal virtual assistant
- Multiple ports, including USB Type C, USB Type A, microHDMI, headset jack, microSD card reader and noble lock slot (on tablet)
- 2x2 AC WLAN and optional WWAN and NFC
- Starting at $429 in North America